The Faber Academy‘s six-month ‘Writing a Novel’ courses have never been more sought after or heavily oversubscribed. Think now about applying for January 2021, when a new series of selective courses begin. Shelley’s daytime courses run each Tuesday and Thursday, offering a chance for committed and ambitious new novelists to:
- Benefit from the structure of regular workshops covering everything from the first conception of an idea through to getting words on a page, narrative structure and style and re-writing.
- Learn from Shelley’s experience, as well as that of guest tutors, including top authors from Faber and elsewhere, plus editors, agents and industry professionals.
- Have individual tutorials, offering personalised attention to your project from your tutor.
- Get it done. This is a flexible alternative to a creative writing MA, designed for people who might be considering a career and who are prepared to engage fully in the hard work involved. Apart from the workshops, you will be devoting as much time as possible between classes to writing, and then you will have the chance to present your work to your class of 15 committed novelists and get their feedback.
- Start your career. There is no better way to get going on the road to publication than to meet the people who make that happen every day. Hear talks from Faber’s publishing directors and sales managers, then read to a room of London’s top agents once the course is over – unrivalled access to those who know.
Contact the Faber Academy (email@example.com) for information about upcoming courses.